EARLY YEARS OF ASHLEY & ROWAN CHUNG

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ashley's 4th Birthday - Part 2

I was a PRINCESS on my birthday:-) I got to skip school and go swimming with Mummy in the morning while Rowan Dee Dee headed off to his playgroup class. Couldn't stop grinning the entire time, I had Mummy all to MYSELF! The swimming pool near our place was not too crowded on a weekday, and we got the wading pool to ourselves - I reigned again! After a leisurely swim, Mummy treated me to a yummy Macdonald's kiddy breakfast which was usually ordered in during weekends and I savoured enjoying it at the restaurant. Shopping next and I ruled again when Mummy acceded to all my requests for toys and candy:)
The most wonderful surprise was the sight of my birthday cake, which had been delivered to school by the time I arrived in my royal finery with goodie bags in tow for all my friends. Thinking that a smaller cake may not feed everyone at school, Mummy went for a 3-kg chocolate princess cake much to my delight. My friends came over to admire the cake. Some couldn't resist, including my kid brother, to poke a finger in to sneak a quick taste. My classmates and teachers sang me "Happy Birthday" songs in English and Mandarin. Hey, what happened to the Malay version they did last year? Teacher Rahjee did a great job cutting up the irregular-shaped cake. I got the largest piece of course but many of my friends managed second helpings.

No comments: